If you want to make it as a food truck owner, then there are an unlimited amount of things you have to do right.
You have to be a good manager/boss. You have to be an expert in the inventory department. You have to make sure your marketing game is on point. You have to enter food truck events/catering gigs. You have to make sure the truck (and all of the equipment) is running on all cylinders. You have to be a chef and a businessperson. The list could go on and on.
On top of everything we stated above, you also have to appease each and every customer. Luckily, we will be unleashing some simple ways food truck owners can do exactly that.
Simple Ways Food Truck Owners Can Appease Every Customer
- Add a vegetarian item or two.
- While you’re at it, add some vegan items to the menu as well.
- This should go without saying, but here it goes anyway: Make every meal a masterpiece. Cook your food with love. Make every meal the best meal yet.
- Follow the customer-is-always-right approach. No. Matter. What.
- While some chefs might not want to take this step, it can’t hurt: Ask your customers what they would like to see at your truck via social media or in person. What would your customers like to see more of? What food items do they not like at your food truck? If anything else, you can use this information as data, which can help you make the best possible menu. Reminder: The goal is to please your customers, so you might as well give them what they want when it comes to food.
- Be friendly. On top of that, hire people who want to be here (at your lunch truck, that is). That’s how you take your customer service game to another level.
- If the lines are flooding with people, then find a way to make the waiting experience less painful. For example, if it is summertime, meaning the temperatures are overwhelming, have an employee hand out free water.
- While you don’t have to change everything just because customers are calling for change, make sure to take everyone’s opinion/comment to heart. Responding/listening to customer feedback is how you are going to improve your food truck business.
To dig your teeth into what FoodTruckr has to offer, make sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and also make sure to check out more content that we bring to the table.