Effective Date: January 2, 2014
1.2. PURPOSE OF SURVEY. We are conducting this Survey to gather aggregate information on the food truck industry from people working or running businesses in it. We will use this information to create reports, blog posts and other publications on the food truck industry.
1.3. NOTICE CONCERNING CHILDREN. This Survey is directed towards individuals 18 or older. It is not directed at individuals under the age of 13 pursuant to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. If you know of any individual participating under the age of 13, please contact us immediately using the “Contact” form on FoodTruckr.com.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
2.1. WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION DOES THE COMPANY COLLECT?
(1) CATEGORIES OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. We collect and store the general information you provide us when taking the Survey. In addition, you must provide us with your name and email address to receive the $10 Amazon gift card that acts as consideration for participating in the Survey.
(3) MODIFICATION OR REMOVAL PROCESS. If you wish to remove or modify any of your personally identifiable information, please contact us using the Contact link on FoodTruckr.com.
(4) EFFECTIVE DATE: The effective date shall be January 2, 2014.
(5) DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS. Pursuant to the California Privacy Protection Act, as amended effective January 1, 2014, we hereby disclose that we do not honor “do not track” signals issued by browsers or other third party sources.
(6) THIRD PARTY DISCLOSURE. We use third party survey services for the functioning of the site and survey process including, but not limited to, hosting and survey software from SurveyMonkey.com. Google analytics is used to analyze website traffic in general as well. Of these parties, our understanding is only Google tracks parties across multiple websites and time as part of its behavioral tracking efforts. You can view the Google policy and opt out options here. http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html
2.2. WHAT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION DOES COMPANY COLLECT?
(a) AUTOMATIC COLLECTION. Our servers automatically recognize your domain name and IP address (the number assigned to computers on the Internet) whenever you visit our site in general. No personal information about you is revealed in this process.
(b) COOKIES. From time to time, we may use the standard “cookies” feature of major browser applications that allows us to store a small piece of data on your computer about your visit to FoodTruckr.com. Cookies help us learn which areas of FoodTruckr.com are useful and which areas need improvement.
3. USE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
(a) PERSONAL INFORMATION. We will not share your personal information with any third parties without your consent, except as necessary to communicate with you or to comply with the law. We will use your information in aggregate to study the food truck business niche. Various findings will then be discussed in reports, blog posts and other publications concerning the food truck business niche.
(b) NARRATIVE ANSWERS. While participating in the Survey, you have the option to provide narrative answers to certain questions. If you choose to provide said answers, we may use the answer in a report, blog post or other publication. Your name will not be associated with the answer unless we obtain prior consent from you.
(c) EMAIL ADDRESS. You have the option, in addition to receiving a message regarding your Amazon.com gift card, to choose to receive email communications from us regarding information on the food truck industry. If you choose to accept said information, we will use the name and email address to send you this information and will do so through third party software. Those third parties shall not communicate with you directly for their own marketing purposes.
(d) ANONYMOUS INFORMATION. We use anonymous information as part of an overall analysis of all traffic coming to FoodTruckr.com. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our site, or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
(f) DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Company or its parent company, subsidiaries or affiliates, (2) protect and defend the rights or property of Company or the users of FoodTruckr.com, or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of FoodTruckr.com.
(g) SALE OF INFORMATION. In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell or buy portions of our company or other companies or assets, including the information collected through this Survey or FoodTruckr.com. If Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, your personally identifiable information will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
We have security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration.
5. WEBSITE AREAS BEYOND COMPANY’S CONTROL
6. CONTACT INFORMATION AND POLICY UPDATES