It’s a time of unprecedented uncertainty for food trucks, and there are plenty of trucks and caterers out there wondering how to navigate a world without crowds.
Thankfully, there are companies helping food trucks survive. Take a look at this list of options for third party delivery & ordering ahead, to make pickup and delivery easy for your business.
Order Ahead Food Truck Apps
Online ordering from your food truck gives eaters the ability to order for pickup, skip the crowd, line, and social interaction that tends to come along with a food truck. Every app and platform is different, so take a look and find what works for you (especially if you have multiple trucks or locations).
Here are a few options that may work well for you:
- Foodtruck.pub was created to help your customers skip the line and order ahead. Their iOS/Android app lets you set up online and app ordering so customers can place an order for pickup or delivery. Here’s some of their features:
You can sign up with Foodtruck.pub here.
- Best Food Trucks lets you take orders from any iOS or Android device. You’ll be notified through the app when you have a new order, and when it’s ready for pickup, your customer will be alerted via text. Afterwards, customers are prompted to rate their meal and provide feedback.
POS Order Ahead
Leading POS (point-of-sale) services are stepping up to help the food service industry, adding online ordering and providing services for free.
Here are two great options:
1. Toast, a leading restaurant management platform, has launched Toast Now giving you the ability to quickly set up digital ordering channels like online ordering, a mobile ordering app, contactless delivery, and e-gift cards. You can keep your communities fed and keep revenue coming in with no upfront costs, no POS purchase required, and no commission fees. For more details, review their one-pager.
This video explains more about Toast Now:
2. Square has a service that makes it easy to create an online store to operationalize curbside pickup and delivery for your business. They also do e-gift cards, and are waiving all monthly fees for local delivery until June 30, 2020. Click here to learn more about how to set up your business.
Delivery App Options
Third party delivery has become incredibly popular with consumers, offering a chance to get your food out to more people without hiring any delivery people. Costs and prices differ based on the platform, so click around and see which one works the best — there’s also no harm in signing up for all of them.
Other Helpful Online Ordering Options and Apps
The below apps might offer a good alternative to the third party delivery apps. Much like the POS ordering systems, they let you set up online ordering yourself. Check them out to see if they work for you. The Ordering App, for example, has an integration with Google My Business, which puts a button on your GMB profile.
- The Ordering App — Currently waiving its order fee until July 1
- OrderEm — Geared towards food trucks, with Facebook integration for online ordering
- OrderAgentPro — Easy integration, with unlimited orders and no commission fees
- Order Grub App — Great for any platform, compatible with any operating system or device
- App Lova — Tiered pricing for different services, with demos available
- Ordrslip — Designed for delivery as well as pickup
In conclusion, it’s clear that as a food truck owner you have a lot of options when it comes to setting up online ordering for your business. Don’t be afraid to reach out to the apps you’re interested in and ask questions. The companies that respond to you the fastest will probably be the easiest to work with long-term.