Everyone needs motivation — without it, we, more likely than not, wouldn’t be willing to work so hard toward our dreams, especially when the times get tough.
So, we pose this question: How can food truck owners find motivation when they are battling the daily grind in the mobile kitchen industry? Believe it or not, motivation can be found all around us, and especially while you are out on the job.
In the spirit of that thinking, we are about to drop some ways food truck owners can find motivation in every single day.
How Food Truck Owners Can Find Motivation In Every Single Day
8. Browse The Internet For Motivational Quotes And Videos: This is one of the easiest ways to get a boost of energy in the motivation department, and you can literally do it anywhere thanks to the amazing technology that is your smartphone. While this type of motivation does not last forever, it can, at the very least, give you a boost to your day.
7. Analyze The Competition: What is your competition doing? In hopes of gaining an overload of motivation, analyze a food truck that is currently destroying the food truck game (a truck that has seen a massive amount of success). This should motivate you for the simple fact that it will show you what is possible in the food truck industry if you give it everything you’ve got.
Looking for Food Trucks For Sale? Check out this link for more details!
6. One Word … Reflect: Reflecting is one of the most powerful things you can do when it comes to gaining motivation. After all, reflection is the process of analyzing what you are doing right and wrong. Reflection, in a nutshell, allows you to look at your entire situation, and you should be doing it on a routine basis, not just once a year around the end of the year. Just think of it this way: Around New Year’s Eve, people tend to reflect on the year they just had, and it is typically very motivating (and eye-opening). Well, you can harness that magic, if you will, all of the time — if you reflect on a routine basis, that is.
5. Incorporate Breaks/Downtime: If you are constantly go, go, go, then you will eventually burn out. While you don’t want to have too much leeway in your days — and you probably can’t since you are a rather busy owner — you do need to incorporate some form of breaks/downtime in hopes of keeping the mind fresh.
4. Look At The Results: Whether you’re a results-driven individual or not, looking at your results is very motivating, for it’s what comes from all of your hard work. If your numbers are up, and your food truck is crushing it from a sales standpoint, then this will motivate you for the simple fact that you are now seeing your reward for all of the hard work you and your team have put in. On the other hand, if your sales/numbers are down, then it could motivate you to get those numbers up, and work even harder.
3. Create Your Dream Team: Not only will a dream team lead to your business being the best it can possibly be from a personnel standpoint but it is also very motivating to work alongside people who are just as passionate as you are when it comes to succeeding, cooking and this industry in general. On the flip side, if your dream team consists of people who rather be somewhere else, then morale could take a hit, and your business could as well.
2. Be Grateful: Being grateful is one of the best ways to really find happiness, and to love the situation you are currently in. So, be grateful that you get to work in an industry that is thriving, be grateful that you are in the process of following your dreams, be grateful that you get to work on your passion of cooking/serving food, etc.
1. Have Fun: There is nothing more motivating than loving your life and job, and having fun in the process. Have fun, FoodTruckrs, for this is the career you choose, and having fun certainly beats the alternative.
If you liked this article, then we encourage you to share your feedback, advice, questions and/or stories below!
To dig your teeth into what FoodTruckr has to offer, make sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and also make sure to check out more content that we bring to the table.
There is no ads to display, Please add some